Friday, January 26, 2007

Phish Food, not Fish Food

I've come to realise that a lot of people don't actually know what Phish Food ice cream is! (Yes, I spelt it 'Phish PHood' in the last post, but i've realised my errors now)
Some think that it is in fact a tub of fish food, others refuse to accept it's existence.
I'm here to tell you about Phish Phood, and why it's brilliant.
To your left you will see exhibit a) The ice cream.

Below this peice of text you will see exhibit b) The description

(fron the Ben and Jerry's website itself!) 'Chocolate ice cream with marshmellow, caramel swirls and fish shaped chocolate chunks'.

I admit, I need to go on a rant about the brilliance of phish food, and I'm going to fulfill that urge.

I remeber discovering Phish Food 2 years ago, in my alcoholic state. It was summer, I was at Eve's house (we didn't know Pop's back then) and we had just drunk two bottles of pimms without the lemonade, and we felt like having a substantial snack. so we raided her freezer, ate some frozen pees and saw the tub of Phish Food. Clearly neglected, it was a month past it's sell by date and the plastic thing around the top of the tub (I'm making a lot of this up, I was too drunk to remember what exactly happened, but give me some artistic liscence. this is a blog, for christ's sake.), so we took some spoons (two, to be precise) and dug in.

We ate the whole tub in a tree in her back garden (I remember that), and I had such bad brain freeze mixed with drunkness that I fell off into a pile of stinging nettles (I also remembered that. who wouldn't?).

I'll never forget that day. It's now my favourite ice cream, and like I said before, I can eat a whole tub in 2 minutes and 29 seconds exactly. I haven't done it in a while, my time might be slower. I'll have to go out and get some ice cream and a stop watch, I'll update you with the times every once ina while.

On with the show.

You're probably wondering where CIB (cute indie boy, god, has it been that long that you can't even remember?) has gone, well he hasn't gone far, I've got him wrapped around my little finger.

We've even gone out to dinner! Which I take as a good thing. we went to Carluccios and he had the chicken and lemon risotto, I had the mushroom pasta and we shared a bottle of wine. and went out for drinks afterwards. and then he stayed at mine. Don't worry, we didn't get anywhere past 2nd base, and we haven't. It's only been a week. God, I'm not that much of a skank.

I might ot be posting for a while after this, I'm having a bit of a crisis with the flat, we might get evicted if we're not careful. So, yeah.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

i swear if you've been to rehab for alchoholism you shouldnt be drinking. not in a rude way. i completely trust that you're not an alchoholic any more. its ust i thought they made you kind of quite, completely and utterly.

Dubbie said...

i love phishfood ice cream!
2 mins 29 seconds!
pretty good!

Anonymous said...

best ice cream besides Fudge Brownie. Wow, things are gettin pretty cozy with you and CIB, I like it!

molly said...

oh no problem i think it was really cool that you felt comfortable enough to tell.

hahaha thanks for the description, it sounds good...and not fishy.

CIB sounds rad, keep reporting on him!

-S said...

the ice cream sound sincredibly amazing. i will have to look for some...

Emily said...

I LOVE PHISH FOOD ICE CREAM DELICOUS XXXXXXXX

Anonymous said...

OMG!! It's the actual PHISH FOOD! My friends were talking about this for weeks! They went on a band trip had some and got addicted to it! I havn't had it yet but I bet it tastes marvy!(marvelous)I finally found out what it looks like!!!!YEEESSSSssssssSSSSSS!Check out my blog if you like:

http://tallones.blogspot.com/

Snookums said...

Ice cream's my bizznotch, so the thought of "Phish Food" has chucked me into a realm of indulgence.

... and I lack ice cream in the fridge.

Fabulous. Can you hear the snarls?