Wednesday, January 17, 2007

take your abercrombie shirt and GO

polo shirt guy came round the flat this morning with a bunch of roses.
he keeps calling me sugar. do i look like a packet of sugar? Or maybe he's forgotten my name. it's Holly. say it with me now. HOLL-Y. that's a good boy.
I was kind of speetchless for a while, seeing as, a) I was wearing just a towel and hadn't put any makeup on, and b) polo shirt guy did tell me on our first date that he wasn't a very romantic bloke. I ushered him in quickly and tried to shut him up because pops and evie are always listening.
always.
He's got such a deep voice anyway that they would be put to sleep by it the second they heard him.
he asked if i was free, and i saw him trying to fit the roses into a starbucks mug (he's not the brightest spark...), but i told him I had to work and he tried to kiss me, but i pushed him away and told him to piss off, which wasn't too good a move.
I suppose it isn't bad. Dating a fittie with a nice back and a good set of hands, but I really need to work. I already called sick the week before because of mr polo shirt guy, and he wouldn't make me do it again.

work= urban outfitters in covent garden. just a 30 second walk from where I live. It's not all bad, i sit around in the stock room labeling stuff, i get to pick the music sometimes (it always ends up being the cure) and the best part is when we get little kids trying to steal stuff. i get to talk to them about how bad they've been and i usually add in some crap about getting a criminal record just to scare them, etc. it's all in good fun. ehem.

my day was pretty shit, to say the least. oh, and after what i said to polo shirt guy he's gone off in a huff and i think it's just going to be a pub crawl with pops and eve tonight. damn. i haven't been to a party in a while.

6 comments:

maya said...

oh god, he sounds so annyoing!
thats so cool that you work in urban outfitters, i love that shop.
cool blog, liking it.

a said...

mm, i love a man with a nice back!
i hope he doesn't go off in a huff for too long, he sounds quite tasty.
you know, in a non- trying to steal your boyfriend kind of way.

Alison said...

Ugh it annoys me so much when guys call you pet names all the time!!! maybe the occasional baby or sweetie but please say my name every once and a while!

Anonymous said...

I love your blog!! I LOVE a guy with good hands, I don't know why...maybe they appear more manly or something? Anyways, the stock rooms are always the best! I'm interning at Nordie's stock room and it is hilarious.

Emily said...

u work in urban outfitters! kl i love that shop i am going to link you too
x

molly said...

wow. for some reason i picture this guy being a dumb jock...is he?

your job sounds lovely. i wish i could torture kids at mine. :(